Troubleshooting and Known Bugs
I do not see the Tab for a Cause new tab page.
It is possible that your Tab for a Cause add-on is conflicting with another add-on. If one of your other extensions manipulates browser tabs, you may have to uninstall it. Please contact us if you discover that our extension conflicts with other add-ons.
If you use Google Toolbar in Mozilla Firefox, you must disable Google toolbar's "new tab" feature. To make Google Toolbar compatible, click on the Google logo on the left side of the toolbar and select "Options." Then,uncheck the "enable the Google new tab page." (Note: With Google Chrome, it is possible to use Tab for a Cause and Google Toolbar's new tab feature simultaneously.)
Make sure you are running the most recent version of both your browser and the extension. If uncertain, uninstall your current version and reinstall the extension from our website.
I would like to uninstall the browser extension.
If using Chrome, click on the wrench next to the address bar, then select "Tools >> Extensions." Once on the Extensions page, click "uninstall" located beneath the Tab for a Cause extension.
If using Firefox, select "Tools >> Add-ons >> Extensions tab (on the left)." Then select "Remove" on the far right side of the Tab for a Cause extension.
I don't see any ads.
- If you are using an ad blocker, add an exception for Tab for a Cause:
Adblock in Google Chrome
- Right-click the Adblock Plus logo (a red stop sign) in the top of your browser and choose "Options"
- When the options page appears, click the "Customize" tab
- Under "Stop blocking ads," click "Show ads on a webpage or domain"
- Type "www.tabforacause.org" and click "Ok"
Adblock Plus in Google Chrome
- Go to any page where you see the "ABP" stop sign logo in the URL bar
- Right-click the logo and choose "Options"
- When the options page appears, click the "Whitelisted domains" tab
- Type "www.tabforacause.org" and click "Add domain"
Adblock Plus in Firefox
- Click the "Firefox" button in the top of your browser, then select "Add-ons"
- Click the "Extensions" tab on the left
- To the right of Adblock Plus, click "Options"
- Click "Filter Preferences," then click the "Custom Filters" tab
- Click the "Add filter" button and type "@@http://www.tabforacause.org", then click "Enter"
Please contact us with any questions. We would be glad to help!
- In Google Chrome, clicking the "Home" button may redirect to a Tab for a Cause page.